Digital x-rays are the newest technology used in dentistry to take and archive dental x-rays. Digital x-rays significantly reduces the amount of radiation as compared to traditional dental x-rays. This technique captures a digital picture of teeth with their supporting bone structures and stores the images on a computer in our dental office in Orland Park, IL. You and your dentist will be able to instantly view your x-rays and enlarge the image to aid in the identification of dental problems and to guage your dental health. Dr. Marshall and Dr. Zizic will use this information to create an individualized treatment plan.
Guided Implant Surgery
Implant templates can be fabricated using todays computer technology and advanced laboratory techniques. These Image-guided templates allow dental implants to be placed precisely, reliably, and faster than traditional implant surgery.
Lasers have been used in dentistry since 1994. There are many laser Procedures including:
- Tooth Decay: Lasers can now detect and remove tooth decay; thereby eliminating or reducing the need for anesthesia.
- Gum Disease: Lasers can be sussed to reduce bacteria from around teeth and reshape tissue that has been affected by gum disease.
- Biopsy & Lesion Removal: Lasers can be used to obtain tissue for biopsy and to remove areas of concern. These procedures are more comfortable and heel faster.
- Canker Sores: Lasers can relieve the pain of canker sores.
- Tooth Whitening: Lasers are used for in-office whitening to enhance and speed-up the procedure.
- Tooth Sensitivity: Lasers are used to reduce and eliminate sensitivity due to root exposure.
Detecting oral abnormalities early leads to more treatment options, potentially less invasive or radical treatments and better patient outcomes.
VELscope® Vx Enhanced Oral Assessment System, which centers on a wireless, handheld scope that uses natural tissue fluorescence visualization to help discover oral mucosal abnormalities that might otherwise have been overlooked.
Cleared by the FDA, and approved by Health Canada, and the World Health Organization, the award-winning VELscope® Vx is the world's most widely used adjunctive device for the discovery of:
- Viral, fungal and bacterial infections;
- Inflammation from a variety of causes (lichen planus and lichenoid reactions, allergy to amalgam fillings, etc.);
- Squamous papillomas;
- Salivary gland tumors;
- Cancer and pre-cancer;
- Other oral mucosal conditions...
DIAGNOdent aids in the detection of caries. Even very small lesions and incipient caries can be detected, enabling you to protect and preserve the tooth substance.
MyPerioPath® Testing From OralDNA Labs
The MyPerioPath® salivary diagnostic test identifies the type and concentration of specific perio-pathogenic bacteria that are known to cause periodontal disease. MyPerioPath® helps support the clinician with better risk assessment and personalized treatment options for more predictable outcomes.
The test report will tell you:
- The type and concentration of disease-causing bacteria
- The bacterial information necessary to help classify high-risk versus low-risk cases
- Targeted treatment considerations designed to help you provide personalized therapy
We treat the cause, not the symptoms.
The Wand® STA provides a painless, stress-free alternative to dental anesthesia via syringe. It delivers a computer-regulated flow of anesthetic and is comfortable to hold, meaning that your injections will be consistent, accurate, and painless every time!
Taking pictures of the teeth and supporting tissue with a small video camera about the size of a pen is a wonderful addition to dentistry today. The intra-oral camera creates digital images that can be stored on a computer at Smiles of Orland Park. The images are shared with our patients so they can join with us in the "co-diagnosis" of problems with their dental health. We can show you how others view your smile and which dental fillings are broken or discolored. We look forward to showing you a dental tour of your mouth in the privacy of your treatment room.